Victoria Azarenka to miss Fed Cup final over custody battle
Victoria Azarenka will miss this week's Fed Cup final in Minsk contrary to the United States as a result of a continuous custody fight with her baby son's father, the former world number 1 said on Tuesday.Azarenka said.
she was unwilling to leave her son behind in California, where she includes a home and where her child was created and must stay until his future is decided.“It's heart-breaking for me personally not to have an opportunity to play and help Belarus in the last but unfortunately, my current custody situation is keeping me in California,” the 28-year-old said in a record posted on her behalf Twitter account.“Although I won't take Minsk for the last my heart is obviously with my country and my team and I'll cheer for them from afar.”
she was unwilling to leave her son behind in California, where she includes a home and where her child was created and must stay until his future is decided.“It's heart-breaking for me personally not to have an opportunity to play and help Belarus in the last but unfortunately, my current custody situation is keeping me in California,” the 28-year-old said in a record posted on her behalf Twitter account.“Although I won't take Minsk for the last my heart is obviously with my country and my team and I'll cheer for them from afar.”
No comments