Overcoming personal loss, Aakash Yadav shows steel at Smt Krishna Khaitan Badminton Junior tournament
Right after he dispatched Amit Rathore, returning from the game down, Ghaziabad boy Aakash Yadav knelt down on the court and almost burst into tears. The 16-year-old, who has reached the U-19 final of the 26th Smt.
Krishna Khaitan Memorial All India Junior Ranking and Prize Money Badminton Tournament at the Panjab University, then picked his racquet and headed to the gallery.Only two days ago had he lost his uncle, local BJP leader Shiv Kumar Yadav, who was simply killed by four men in Ghaziabad. His father, home dealer, immediately left Chandigarh for his brother's funeral. “We were shocked and my dad left for Ghaziabad immediately. My uncle used to always ask me about my matches following the tournament and now when I reach the last, he's not on the planet to enquire about my result,” said Aakash, his voice quivering. A resident of Vijaynagar in Ghaziabad, Yadav started playing badminton in his neighbourhood park before opting to teach under coach Arvind Anand in Noida.”In Ghaziabad, very few players choose badminton. So I started training there, though I'd spend a lot more than two hours daily for travelling,” he said. Eight months ago, he joined the Gopichand Academy, that has “made things easier&rdquo ;.
Krishna Khaitan Memorial All India Junior Ranking and Prize Money Badminton Tournament at the Panjab University, then picked his racquet and headed to the gallery.Only two days ago had he lost his uncle, local BJP leader Shiv Kumar Yadav, who was simply killed by four men in Ghaziabad. His father, home dealer, immediately left Chandigarh for his brother's funeral. “We were shocked and my dad left for Ghaziabad immediately. My uncle used to always ask me about my matches following the tournament and now when I reach the last, he's not on the planet to enquire about my result,” said Aakash, his voice quivering. A resident of Vijaynagar in Ghaziabad, Yadav started playing badminton in his neighbourhood park before opting to teach under coach Arvind Anand in Noida.”In Ghaziabad, very few players choose badminton. So I started training there, though I'd spend a lot more than two hours daily for travelling,” he said. Eight months ago, he joined the Gopichand Academy, that has “made things easier&rdquo ;.
No comments