Let selectors decide MS Dhoni's T20I future, says Kapil Dev - <center>Media Grains</center>

Breaking News

Let selectors decide MS Dhoni's T20I future, says Kapil Dev

Kapil Dev said this 1 should leave MS Dhoni's devote the Indian team upto the selectors. “There's nobody who'll play throughout their life,” said the 1983 World Cup winning captain, “But, I believe he (Dhoni) is playing very good. Rest, I leave it to the selectors. They'll do better job than what we've to do.I give opinion and it is only going to create confusion in people's mind. I don't desire to (do that). Let's leave it to the selectors that are carrying this out job.


They'll put plenty of time when he should play and when he shouldn't play, said Kapil. MS Dhoni's devote the team Indian T20 team have been questioned recently by former cricketers VVS Laxman and Ajit Agarkar. The criticism against Dhoni batting form only increased in volume after his innings during India lose against New Zealand in the next T20I.But Dhoni was backed vehemently by skipper Virat Kohli and head coach Ravi Shastri. Shastri even proceeded to call the 2011 World Cup winning captain's critics “jealous.” Kapil Dev himself had earlier voiced support for Dhoni. “I don't realize why so many individuals are on his back after a few average performances. Age definitely doesn't have anything related to it,” said Kapil, “Sachin was 38 whenever we won the World Cup and nobody was saying anything then,” he explained before adding “Even though he's axed from the team, whom will they get?”

No comments