France's Laurent Koscielny to retire after FIFA 2018 World Cup
France defender Laurent Koscielny will retire from international football following the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the 32-year-old has said. Koscielny has collected 49 caps since his debut in 2011, playing in the 2014 World Cup and two European Championships like the 2016 edition once the hosts finished runners-up.
“There's a finish to everything,” Koscielny told reporters in front of Friday's friendly against Wales. “Following the World Cup, I could be almost 33-years-old, it will soon be time and energy to leave the place. I've half a year left in the French team to blossom and take as much memories as my partner would say.”France host Wales at the Stade de France before travelling to handle world champions Germany next Tuesday.
“There's a finish to everything,” Koscielny told reporters in front of Friday's friendly against Wales. “Following the World Cup, I could be almost 33-years-old, it will soon be time and energy to leave the place. I've half a year left in the French team to blossom and take as much memories as my partner would say.”France host Wales at the Stade de France before travelling to handle world champions Germany next Tuesday.
No comments