Ashes 2017-18: Tim Paine can cement place with few good performances, says Ricky Ponting
From the time Australia announced its 13-member squad for Ashes tournament against England on Friday morning, returning wicketkeeper-batsman Tim Paine has garnered much attention, with many questioning his selection.
The 32-year on Sunday found himself an advocate in none apart from Australia's former captain Ricky Ponting.Talking to reporters in Australia, the former right-handed batsman stated that the Tasmanian could solve team's wicketkeeping worries.“I don't think there's ever been any doubt about his wicketkeeping ability that is the key reason why he'd never been dropped from the Australian team. I've said for quite a while, that he's clearly the most effective keeper in the united states and through the years we've seen glimpses of how good a batsman he happens to be,” the 42-year old said.
The 32-year on Sunday found himself an advocate in none apart from Australia's former captain Ricky Ponting.Talking to reporters in Australia, the former right-handed batsman stated that the Tasmanian could solve team's wicketkeeping worries.“I don't think there's ever been any doubt about his wicketkeeping ability that is the key reason why he'd never been dropped from the Australian team. I've said for quite a while, that he's clearly the most effective keeper in the united states and through the years we've seen glimpses of how good a batsman he happens to be,” the 42-year old said.
No comments